April 11, 2018
Connect4Climate stands for a community connecting for climate action.
We believe that united we can manage one of our generation’s greatest challenges. We aim to raise awareness for climate action, promote commitment among the public, private sector and policy-makers for a rapid transition to a low-carbon resilient future, and build coalitions to further advocacy efforts and support sustainable development.
With our global community, with you, we can tackle climate change and support a sustainable future that aims to end poverty. In the words of Jim Yong Kim, World Bank Group President: “We will not end extreme poverty if we do not tackle climate change.”
Our world is increasingly inter-connected; through connections, we can accelerate climate action. We can advance the new climate economy at the speed of the digital revolution and the scale of the industrial revolution.
To inspire our community, our partners and our audience we have advanced the Connect4Climate identity. Building on our original C4C mark we have simplified it and joined it with a Green Globe to symbolize our growing global community and to interlink the Connect4Climate program with the World Bank Group identity.
The Connect4Climate look has been modernized and streamlined, while still staying true to our colors and keeping the digital use of “4” as a visual representation of the word “for.” Connect4Climate stands for a community connecting for climate action. From today, Connect4Climate will have a new brand identity:
Designed for climate action
Inspired by our mission and by the creative industries that we work with every day, we drafted a brief with six essential challenges:
1. Infinitely Connected: We have retained the outline of the C4C mark, which was originally developed with the “infinity sign” in mind to emphasize our growing community and engagements, aiming for infinite connections in support of climate action.
2. Elegantly Greened: We retained our green color scheme because we are uniting towards a more sustainable future characterized by more value and respect given to nature.
3. Globally Partnered: Only through our global partnerships and connections can we together address climate change.
4. Digitally Minded: Keeping the number “4” as a visual representation of “for” is in line with our emphasis on digital and multi-media for communications and across languages.
5. Cleanly Modernized: With clean, simple lines and Connect4Climate written in one line as a preference we aim to simplify and unify our look.
6. Variably Associated: Housed at The World Bank Group, Connect4Climate is designed to embrace partners, lead initiatives, support projects and advance campaigns.
Brand assets have been carried forward from the legacy C4C mark, including the use of the “drop” from the top of the mark and the “square” as the center point of the mark. Connect4Climate also consistently uses the number “4” as a digital shorthand for the word “for” to underscore Connect4Climate’s modern, international and action-orientated perspective, that we are “all for climate action.”
Connect4Climate developed the “tree mark” to emphasize our environmental roots, our global outlook and our solutions-focused nature to building a sustainable low-carbon and resilient future. The growth of “leaves” using the Connect4Climate’s “drop” asset is used to support our fundamental belief that we need to re-green our world, that we are all for the green. The “Earth mark” is used consistently to highlight Connect4Climate’s global connections and Planet-orientated perspective.
Connect4Climate is a global partnership program launched by the World Bank Group and the Italian Ministry of Environment, together with the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, that takes on climate change by promoting solutions and empowering people to act.
With an emphasize on changing consumer behavior and transforming sectors Connect4Climate engages influential and trend-setting industries like Film, Fashion, Sport, Music, and Design, to reach broad audiences and advance sustainable practices within these industries.
Connect4Climate supports the power of youth to change the world and works with leaders in businesses, cities, regions and as influencers.
To advance the climate agenda Connect4Climate supports new technology, enhanced innovation, increasing investments and city-level solutions and action.
We look forward to connecting with you for climate action.