Photography has the power to capture moments, disclose realities and to convey messages to the world. It carries this responsibility throughout time, long after people have forgotten about the event.
So, this year, Connect4Climate is re-introducing the #Photo4Climate Instagram Challenge - this time with an edgier and bolder twist added to it.
Photo4Climate 2.0 - as it is now called – represents an opportunity for everyone to tell their stories, by showcasing how the impacts of climate change directly affects their lives. For those who are leading the implementation of climate solutions Photo4Climate intends to be a platform to introduce good practices and examples to a broader audience.
Make your voice heard by submitting your photos. Show the world how climate change is affecting your life and the lives surrounding you, and how we can tackle this global problem.
Every other week, on Wednesdays, we will announce a new theme - the full agenda is available here - allowing you to present your view and share different perspectives of your story. Join the C4C bi-weekly Instagram challenge and get a chance to be featured on our Instagram page, @Connect4Climate, on Facebook and Twitter, on our newsletter, website and events.
You can download the full calendar of themes here.
How can you participate?
1. Follow @Connect4Climate on Instagram
3. In the caption describe what you see, where the photo was taken, and what it means to you.
4. Use the hashtag #Photo4Climate.
5. Don’t forget to set your account to “public”.
How does it work?
- Judging criteria for photo winner:
- Power of the photograph and its caption or narrative (includes creativity and the story the photo tells related to climate change and the current theme);
- Potential impact on the challenge objectives of raising awareness about climate change issues and communicating a personal climate change story or local climate change solution;
- Finalist photo will:
- Be featured on Connect4Climate Instagram page on Wednesday;
- Be featured in a photo album on the Connect4Climate Facebook page;
- Be featured in Connect4Climate Twitter account;
- Be featured on Connect4Climate website as an article;
- Be featured on Connect4Climate Flickr account;
- Be included on our newsletter to all our partners.
- You can submit as many photos you want.
- Connect4Climate reserves the right to use these images on our social media channels, website, at events for Connect4Climate with photo credit/Instagram account name of submitter.
Share your story with us. Let’s raise awareness about climate change together!
Rivers and Lakes
"Sit by a river. Find peace and meaning in the rhythm of the lifeblood of the Earth."
This week's theme is- Lakes and Rivers. Don't forget to share your climate story on Instagram with the hashtag #Photo4Climate until Tuesday, April 3 (EST)