The Call for Participation is now closed
Thank you to all the participants!
What do you think an environmentally friendly city could be like? Build your LEGO model of new city spaces to work, play, and live sustainably and write a brief description of your design.
Go to our Facebook Page to post a photo or video of your LEGO model. Include a brief description of your innovation, the hashtag #BuildTheChange, your name as the LEGO model creator, and if you want your city of residence and age. Select photos and videos will be featured at the LEGO Build the Change Workshop at the EcoCity World Summit in Nantes, France.
*Updated Deadline: 28 September 2013 - competition is closed The Build the Change Call for Designs is open to individuals 18 years of age or older and groups of individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Parents/guardians who are 18 years of age or older may share photos and videos of creations on behalf of children who are younger than 18 years old. The Call for Designs is open to nationals of all countries of the world.
Follow the event at #BuildTheChange and on the ECOCITY2013 website.
About the Build the Change Call for Designs
Watch the Video on the Build The Change Workshops
Terms and conditions
About the Build the Change Call for Designs
The Build the Change Call for Designs invites individuals and groups from all over the world to showcase their talents and create LEGO brick sustainable cities.
Participants shall post a photo or video of their LEGO brick creation to the Connect4Climate Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/Connect4Climate Participants shall include a brief description of the LEGO brick creation, the hashtag #BuildTheChange, the name of the LEGO brick creator or team of creators, and optionally, the city of residence of the LEGO brick creator(s) and the age or age group of the LEGO brick design creator(s). The Build the Change Call for Designs is open to individuals 18 years of age or older and groups of individuals who are 18 years of age or older. Parents/guardians who are 18 years of age or older may share photos and videos of creations on behalf their children who are younger than 18 years old. The Call for Designs is open to nationals of all countries of the world.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants must be over the age of 18 years old OR parents/guardians who are 18 years of age or older may share photos and videos of creations on behalf their children who are younger than 18 years old. By doing so, Participant agrees and accepts that: The Participant is granting The World Bank a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, delete, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Posted Information throughout the world in any media for promotion, public display, informational, educational or awareness purposes with attribution credit given to the Participant. Participant grants The World Bank the license to use the name that Participant submits in connection with such Posted Information. Participant agrees not to contest any use or reproduction that The World Bank may undertake of the Posted Information. Participant grants The World Bank a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and transferable license to publish, translate, distribute and display his/her name provided, with the photograph or video posted. The original creator/owner/designer retains any Intellectual Property Rights to the original designs shown in the photos or videos posted..
By Posting, Participant agrees that:
1. Participant waives any right to inspect or approve derivative works using the photos or videos.
2. Participant accepts and acknowledges that there is no compensation associated with submitting a photo or video to the Build the Change Call for Designs other than the possibility of having the photo or video featured at the Build the Change Workshops at the 2013 EcoCity Summit in Nantes, France, with attribution to the Participant. However, Submission does not guarantee selection for exhibition at the Workshops. Photos and videos must be posted by 11:59PM EDT on 28 September, 2013, to be eligible for exhibition at the Workshops.
3. Photos and videos will be selected by The World Bank to be shown at the Build the Change Workshops at the EcoCity 2013 Summit in Nantes, France. The selection shall occur at the sole discretion of the World Bank, and Participant agrees not to challenge the selection process or results. Photos and videos may also be used by The World Bank for promotion, public display, informational, educational or awareness purposes with attribution credit given to the Participant.
4. The Build the Change Call for Designs is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Inc. or any other platform where it is advertised. The Build the Change Call for Designs is administered by The World Bank.
5. By posting, Participant agrees to release The World Bank and Facebook, Inc., from claims, demands, and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with the Call for Designs and Participant's participation.
6. Participant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless The World Bank, Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from and against any claims made by the Participant or any third parties related in any way to the operation of this Call for Designs, as well as any other claims, damages or liability due to any injuries, damages or losses (whether alleged, threatened, or actual) to any person or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Call for Designs.
Affirmation of Ownership and Eligibility:
By posting a photo or video, Participant declares, represents and warrants that Participant is the rightful owner of the photo or video, and of all the patents, copyrights, and/or trademarks associated with the photo or video. By posting Participant further declares, represents and warrants that he/she has not 1) infringed on any third party rights, including copyrights, trademarks, industrial property, trade secrets, confidentiality obligations and rights of privacy and publicity, or 2) violated any applicable law(s) in any countries in the world. The World Bank assumes no responsibility for verifying the ownership and originality of photos or videos. However, if at any time The World Bank chooses, in its sole discretion to verify the ownership and originality of photos or videos, by entering this Call for Designs Participant agrees that The World Bank have the right to verify the ownership and originality of any photo or video and that upon request, Participant shall submit a written copy of any release or permission Participant has received from a third party granting Participant the right to use such property.
By entering this competition Participant agrees to keep any controversies between him/her and The World Bank confidential and Participant further agrees not to disparage The World Bank in any dispute or controversy. To the extent that any photo or video contains any intellectual property previously developed by the Participant or by third parties, and to the extent that the Participant creates any derivative work as referred to above, the Participant hereby grants to the World Bank a license over such previously developed intellectual property and over any derivative work from, on the same terms as specified above, without any additional compensation. Any such previously developed intellectual property shall be identified with the information submitted with the photo or video.
No Recourse to Judicial Procedures: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to courts in connection with the judicial procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Call for Designs are hereby excluded, and Participant expressly waives any and all such rights.
Preservation of Immunities: Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of The World Bank, which are specifically reserved.
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms and Conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.