Climate Vulnerability Versus Responsibility
October 07 2015
MHA@GW produces a data visualization to illuminate the dichotomy between the countries most susceptible to climate change and the countries that emit the most CO2
Film a #Day4Climate Action
A one-day film challenge to capture November 29 in just 24 hrs
We are heading for a clean resilient future. Let’s make it a reality. Let’s tell the world through film.
As part of our Film4Climate initiative Connect4Climate partners with Vimeo and all of you to film a Day of Climate Action. One day before the global climate talks in Paris, on 29 November 2015, the world will come together to call for climate action. A Global Climate March will take place in Paris, and in many other cities around the world.
We invite you to share your experience from 29 November with the world. Film your day, whether it is out on the streets, with your friends talking about climate solutions, or hard at work building a cleaner climate-friendlier world.
Show your story from the day on what we should do to prevent dangerous climate change and save our planet.
What you have to do
- 1. Film all your footage in one day, on November 29. The video must be original.
- 2. Edit a film of no more than 3 minutes in length.
- 3. Join the Vimeo group Film a Day of Climate Action – 29 November 2015: https://vimeo.com/groups/day4climate
- 4. Upload your video in highest resolution possible to Vimeo and in Settings > Collections, add it to our group: Film a Day of Climate Action – 29 November 2015
- 5. In the Description field, where the video was taken, describe what you filmed and how it captures climate action, and why it means something to you. Include the hashtag #Day4Climate in the description and the name of the team members, in case the submission is made by a group
- 6. In the Privacy settings make sure you allow the video to be downloaded
- 7. In the Advanced > Creative Commons License settings choose “Attribution” (CC-BY)
- 8. The competition is open to everyone. Minors are responsible for ensuring their submission is authorized and in compliance with the legal requirements of their country.
- 9. There is no maximum limit of members for the teams.
- 10. Tell you friends and share the contest to make this a truely global experience.
Film a Day of Climate Action video submissions must be created by and owned by the participants. All videos will be reviewed before being published in the Film a Day of Climate Action – 29 November 2015 Vimeo Group.
The deadline for entries for #Day4Climate is 11:59 pm EST, November 30, 2015. An entry is timely, and will be accepted, only if actually received before this time. The time of transmittal will not be taken into account.
What we aim to do
- 1. We will take your films, your personal stories, your strong voices and show them at COP21 to the leaders of the world
- 2. A highly celebrated editor and filmmaker will bring your stories together into a feature film that we will launch at the World Bank Group in 2016 to encourage individuals, businesses, local leaders – all of us – to get serious and implement the solutions that will prevent dangerous climate change
- 3. Together we will show that we care, that the world wants climate action, and that November 29 was the day we all stood up and told our leaders
By submitting your video to the Film a Day of Climate Action – 29 November 2015 Vimeo channel and making it available for download you agree to the following terms.
By submitting an Entry, every Participant agrees to the following:
- 1. Your contributions will be subject to Vimeo's Terms of Service (https://vimeo.com/terms)
- 2. The competition is open to nationals of ALL countries of the world. Participants are responsible for ensuring their submission is in compliance with the legal requirements of their country
- 3. Content from sources other than the Participant must be clearly marked throughout the submission and properly cited.
By submitting an Entry, Participants certify they have obtained the following:
- 1. Clearance agreements signed by all members of the public who speak to the camera/ interviewer or are profiled as specific characters within the production. These agreements must show that the subject consented to be featured in a video to be submitted to this contest.
- 2. Evidence of clearance from the suppliers of any third-party material and footage that is included in the production, providing worldwide rights for use by any distributors in any format.
- 3. Evidence of clearance of any music that is included in the production providing worldwide rights for use by any distributors in any format.
By submitting an Entry, Participants grant the World Bank a perpetual, royalty-free, nonexclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, fully sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, copy, exploit, distribute, excerpt, edit, display, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works of all, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed.
The rights granted to the World Bank by every Participant shall include, but not be limited to the right to transfer all entries free of charge to Connect4Climate partner organizations for those partner organizations to screen, publicly display, and broadcast entries one or multiple times in order to increase exposure of the video and its subject matter.
To the extent that any Entry contains any intellectual property previously developed by the Participant or by third parties, and to the extent that the Participant creates any derivative work as referred to above, the Participant hereby grants to the World Bank a license over such previously developed intellectual property and over any derivative work, on the same terms as specified above, without any additional compensation. Any such previously developed intellectual property shall be so identified.